So that all important contacts, files and data are not lost
Moving from an Android smartphone to an iPhone is a pretty difficult thing. You not only switch devices, but also switch to a new operating system that is very different from before.
Operating system differences make many people confused to move contacts, files and other data. Plus, almost all settings on iOS differ 180 degrees with Android. Starting from the appearance, gestures, to how to “back” is different. That’s why many Android smartphone users find it difficult when they first use the iPhone.
But actually it’s not that difficult. Switching from an Android smartphone to an iPhone is actually easier than vice versa. Want to know what you need to do first? Come on, follow the steps below!
1. Download the Move to iOS application
The first step that needs to be done is to download the Move to iOS application on your Android smartphone . Don’t be influenced by the little stars. The application was indeed created by Apple for Android users who want to move to iOS so that the transition does not feel difficult.
2. Before transferring files , you must ensure the following
Before doing the file transfer process , there are a number of things you need to make sure of. The following are:
- Make sure your iPhone is empty and has never been set before. If you have already set it, delete everything by resetting it;
- Make sure both smartphones are connected to Wi-Fi because the transfer process requires a stable internet connection;
- Make sure all data that you want to move fits into the iPhone’s internal memory;
- Charge both smartphones during the transfer process or make sure their batteries are full.
3. How to transfer contacts, photos and other files
After everything is ready, turn on both smartphones . For the next process, follow these steps:
- Adjust iPhone settings. Starting from the language, privacy system, and others;
- After arriving at the Apps & Data settings , choose Move Data from Android;
- Open the Move to iOS application on your Android smartphone ;
- Click Continue , read the Terms and Conditions that appear, click Agree;
- Now move to iPhone, click Continue until the Move from Android page appears ;
- There you will get a six digit code;
- Enter the code into your Android smartphone . Just ignore if there is a notification that says that your connection is weak;
- After the two smartphones are connected, wait for the Data Transfer page to appear on the Android device;
- Select what data you want to transfer. Starting from contacts, photos, e-mails, and so on;
- The transfer process will run. As long as it’s not finished, don’t close the application or switch to another application;
- After everything is finished, you can continue to set up the iPhone.
4. Data that cannot be moved via Move to iOS
Unfortunately, not all data from an Android smartphone can be moved through the Move to iOS application. If you’ve gone through all the steps in the third point, you can see that there are only three choices of categories on the Data Transfer page, namely: Contacts , Camera Roll , and Email Account . So, other data such as music, books, pdfs, applications, messages, until the calendar you have to move manually.
5. If you want to move photos manually, you can try …
Too many photos on your Android device? You can sort them out and move the data manually. But before transferring, you need to backup first.
Especially for photos, you need to download Google Photos. This application can help you backup more easily. Simply open the application, log into your Google account, then select the backup option , whether you want to use the original size or high quality.
After that, click menu, click Backup and Sync. The camera roll folder will upload all the data automatically. When you want to access it on an iPhone, just download and sign in to Google Photos.
6. Transfer other files manually
Then what about the other files ? You can also transfer it anyway, but manually. You can use Google Drive as the easiest option. Because when all files enter the application, you can access them on other devices easily.
Another data transfer option that you can try is to use an intermediary device, which is a laptop or PC. After all the files come in, you can move them again to the iPhone.
7. Familiarize yourself with the look and settings of iOS
After the file business is finished, the next step is to familiarize yourself with the look and settings of iOS. At the beginning you will be “shocked” by all the differences, but over time you will be used to it. Essential things that are important to learn at the beginning are the display, gestures, backup methods , application switching, and assistive touch.
8. This is an excess of iOS that Android doesn’t have, you need to learn it!
You need to know that iOS has a number of advantages that you cannot find on your old Android device. The following are:
- IOS performance tends to be faster than Android smartphones in its class;
- Appearance and how to use it easily and consistently;
- The camera is clear, even in old series;
- iOS doesn’t have much bloatware;
- You cannot install applications outside those available on the App Store;
- Securities tend to be better;
- Has a strong device ecosystem.
So, what are you waiting for? Immediately try the ways above to prepare your new iPhone, yes!