- Hindi News
- The Most Reliable Was Remdesivir, The Most Disappointing Hydroxychloroquine; Here Are The 19 Most Talked About Drugs And Treatments
- Do not consume disinfectants to avoid corona, risk of cancer from UV rays
- Trump promoting the most disappointing hydroxychloroquine
- In prone positioning, the patient is told to lie on the stomach, which opens the lungs.
Jonathan Quorum / Katherine J. Wu / Carl Jimmer. Modern medicine never faced such a big crisis before Covid 19. Doctors and scientists from all over the world are constantly in search of vaccines. Experts say that if the coronavirus vaccine is prepared in a fixed time, then it will be the fastest vaccine program in history. It usually takes a few years to decades to manufacture a vaccine.
In the meantime, some drugs produced good results in the fight against the virus. While there were some medicines which made a lot of headlines. Although the US Health Agency FDA has not licensed any treatment, it has given permission for emergency use.
- Here are the results of the 19 most talked about drugs and treatments in the coronovirus epidemic.
Treatments that found evidence of reliable and better treatment –
- Remedesivir was prepared by Gilead Sciences. It was the first drug the FDA allowed for emergency use in cases of Covid 19. This prevents the virus from replicating by moving to new viral genes. Remadecivir was originally tested against Ebola and hepatitis C as an antiviral to give only lacking results.
- Initial data from the trial suggests that this drug can reduce the hospital duration of serious patients of Covid 19 to 15 to 11 days. Initial results were not effective in cases of death, but results released in July indicate that this drug may also reduce mortality in serious patients.
- This cheap and easy-to-use drug weakens many types of immune responses. Doctors have long used it to treat asthma, allergies and inflammation. In June, it became the first drug to drop the Covid 19 death rate.
- A study of more than 6000 people found that dexamethasone reduced deaths in one-third of ventilator patients and one-fifth of oxygen patients. This study has not yet been published in the Scientific Journal.
- This medicine may help patients who are in the early stages of Covid 19 infection. The National Institutes of Health, in its COVID 19 treatment guidelines, recommends the use of dexamethasone for oxygen and ventilator patients only.
These treatments are being used extensively.
- In this, the patient is told to lie on his stomach, which opens his lungs. This method can eliminate the possibility of ventilators in patients. The benefits of treatment in clinical trials are currently being investigated.
Ventilators and other respiratory support devices
- Devices that help patients breathe are considered to be important weapons against dangerous respiratory disease. Some patients have improved when oxygen is delivered through the nose or mask. The ventilator helps patients experiencing severe breathing difficulties until their lungs recover. Not all of the Covid 19 patients who went on ventilators recovered, but in some cases it has saved many lives.
Treatments whose evidence remained inconclusive and mixed-
- Favipiravir, originally formulated against influenza, prevents viruses from replicating genetic material. A small study in March indicated that the drug may be helpful in getting the coronavirus out of the air, but large clinical trials are still stuck.
- EIDD-2801 formulated to treat the flu has given reliable results in coronavirus studies on cells and animals. It is yet to be tested on humans.
- Coronaviruses must first unlock them to go inside the cell. Scientists have designed artificial Ace-2 protein, which can act as a feed. This will keep coronaviruses away from threatened cells. Recombinant Ace-2 proteins have given reliable results in experiments on cells, but not yet in animals or humans.
- A century ago, doctors extracted plasma from the blood of a patient who had recovered from the flu. This alleged convulsant plasma contained antibodies, which helped the disease patients. Researchers are now following this method on Covid 19 patients as well. Initial results of convulsant plasma have been reliable. The FDA has also allowed the use of coronavirus on serious patients.
- Convalescent plasma contains a variety of antibodies. Some of these can attack coronaviruses, some cannot. Researchers are examining the most effective antibodies against Covid 19 via solution.
- Synthetic copies of these molecules are called monoclonal antibodies. These can be prepared on a large scale and injected to patients. Safety trials for this treatment have just begun and many are about to begin.
- Interferences are usually molecules that our cells make in response to viruses. Synthetic interferens treat immune disorder. Early studies suggest that injecting interferences may be helpful against Covid 19. There is also some other evidence, which suggests that molecules can protect a healthy person from getting infected.
- Researchers have designed several drugs that can prevent cytokine storms. These drugs have been effective in arthritis and other inflammatory disorders. Many of these drugs have proved helpful in some trials against coronaviruses, but have been weak in some.
- Cytosorb is a device that filters cytokines from the blood. Since cytokines are essential for fighting diseases, it sometimes promotes runaway response. There is so much irritation in the body that it damages itself. Cytosorb can calm it by removing excess cytokines.
- This machine can clean human blood more than 70 times in an interval of 24 hours. The FDA allowed its emergency use after better results in Europe and China.
- Some types of stem cells may release anti-inflammatory molecules. Researchers have used them in the treatment of cytokine storms over the years. Now its clinical trials are continuing to impact against Covid 19. However, earlier stem cells treatments have not yielded better results. In such a situation, it is not clear that they will work against coronaviruses.
- The coronavirus can go into the lining of blood vessels. This causes small clots to form, which can cause stroke or any serious damage. These clots are being removed with anticoagulants. It has also been used on heart patients in the past. Several clinical trials of this drug continue in the case of Covid 19.
Treatments that are not reliable at all –
Lopinavir and ritonavir
- 20 years ago, the FDA granted the pair permission for treatment of HIV. Recently researchers used them on patients with coronavirus. They found that this stopped copying the virus. However, the results of some clinical trials have been disappointing.
- In early July, the WHO closed its trials in hospitalized Covid 19 patients.
Hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine
- In 1930, German chemist synthesized chloroquine as a drug against malaria. Subsequently, its low toxic version hydroxychloroquine was invented in 1946. Later, this drug was also used in diseases such as lupus and rheumatoid arthritis. At the beginning of the Covid 19 epidemic, scientists found that both drugs are preventing coronaviruses from replicating the cell.
- At the same time, US President Donald Trump also strongly campaigned hydroxychloroquine. The FDA also temporarily allowed its emergency use. It was later claimed that this was done under political pressure.
- When data from clinical trials came to light, it was found that hydroxychloroquine is not helpful to patients and healthy people of Covid 19. A large study had also said that this drug is also harmful. However, this study was later withdrawn.
- The WHO, the National Institutes of Health and Novartis have closed its trials. Now the FDA is warning that this drug can cause serious side effects in the heart and other organs.
Treatments with fake prescriptions and claims –
Drinking or injecting bleach and disinfectants
- In April, President Trump advised that injecting disinfectants such as alcohol or bleach may help. Soon after, Trump’s statement was refuted by health professionals and researchers around the world, as well as Liesel and Chlorox. Ingesting a disinfect can be fatal.
- Researchers use UV light to clean surfaces and kill viruses. UV light will not remove the virus from the body of a sick person. This type of radiation can damage the skin. Most skin cancers are caused by exposure to UV rays present in sunlight.
- The FDA has threatened legal action against those who claim that silver products are safe and effective against Covid 19. Many metals have natural antimicrobial properties, but no results have been reported regarding coronaviruses.