- Many countries banned it after the case of fake pilots surfaced in Pakistan International Airlines
- Of the total 850 commercial pilots in the country, 262 aircraft operations have been banned.
Jul 11, 2020, 11:07 pm is
Islamabad Prime Minister Imran Khan has become active after the ban on Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) of several countries besides the US, EU. Imran summoned PIA Chief Arshad Malik on Friday. Imran told Malik that he should submit the restructuring plan of the government airlines to the government in a week and immediately reduce the expenditure.
Aviation minister Ghulam Sarwar Khan revealed in Parliament last month that 40% of the country’s 850 pilots have fake licenses and degrees. After this, many countries including the US and the EU had banned Pakistani pilots and airlines there.
Disrespect to the country
According to Geo News, the government is upset after the US banned Pakistan’s pilots and airlines. That is why Imran summoned PIA Chief Arshad Malik directly on Friday afternoon. Imran bluntly asked Malik to present the restructuring plan of PIA within a week. Imran asked Malik to reduce PIA expenses as well. A separate plan has been sought for this.
PM not ready to listen
According to reports, Malik wanted to give clarification to Imran but, the PM was not ready to listen to it. In fact, Malik wanted to tell the Prime Minister that he was in talks with the European Union Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) to lift the ban. But, Imran ignored it. Explain that at the behest of EASA, 32 countries in Europe have banned PIA and its pilots.
Loss of 6 billion rupees every month
According to the report, the condition of PIA has become so bad that this national carrier can be closed anytime. This state-run airline company is losing about 6 billion Pakistani rupees every month. Domestic ticket rates were reduced to increase passengers. But all of this was to no avail. Every year, 24 billion rupees are spent on salaries. The airline has 14 thousand 500 employees.
You can also read these news related to fake pilots of Pakistan …
1. Now Malaysia bans Pakistan’s pilots, said- Pakistan’s aviation minister himself admitted that 40% of his pilots are fake
2. 150 pilots will not be able to fly out of 860 pilots of Government Airlines of Pakistan, 262 pilots were given the exam by someone else
3. Pakistan’s 262 pilots with fake licenses prohibited from flying aircrafts, will be investigated against them, if found guilty, will go to jail