The government's National Portability i.e. One Nation One Ration Card scheme will be implemented in 23 states by August 2020.
- The scheme will be implemented nationwide by March 2021
- Scheme implemented in 23 states by August 2020
In the midst of the Corona crisis, Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman gave the details of the second installment of the economic package on Thursday. During this time, he made 9 big announcements for migrant laborers, farmers and street workers. During this, he told that One Nation One Ration Card Scheme will be implemented across the country.
Nirmala Sitharaman said that the scheme will cover 83 percent of the population connected with public distribution. At the same time, 67 crore ration card holders in 23 states (which is 83 percent of the total PDS population) will come under National Portability by August 2020. However, 100 percent national portability will be achieved before March 2021. Let me tell you that the first One Nation One Ration Card scheme was being implemented in the country from 1st January 2020.
What is one nation one card scheme?
Actually, this scheme is like Mobile Number Portability (MNP). Your number does not change in the mobile port and you talk to the same number across the country. Likewise, your rashan card (or) ration card will not change in ration card portability. If you understand in easy language, you can use your ration card when going from one state to another. Purchase government ration from other states with this card.
Which states are getting benefit of one nation one card?
17 states of the country including Uttar Pradesh and Bihar have implemented ration card portability. Those implementing it include states like Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Gujarat, Maharashtra, Haryana, Rajasthan, Karnataka, Kerala, Madhya Pradesh, Goa, Jharkhand and Tripura.
what are benefits to general people
- The government says that this will reduce corruption and fake ration cards.
- It will help the person (mr.X) of one state for example (delhi) to get ration shop of another state for example (Mumbai).
- This scheme will be helping the poor and migrant worker to meet their comman nutrition value consumption.
Can i use old ration card for one nation one card scheme?
- Yes; The important thing is that no new ration card will be required for this. This means that only your old ration card will be valid for this.
- Consumer can buy ration in any state of the country.